Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

Password protected download folder

Questions or issues regarding any Koken plugin.
Support for Paid/premium plugins can be found here
Forum rules
As of late, we have been seeing cases where some of you have been posting multiple types of questions within a singular type of topic...

This makes searching here a nightmare for people whom are attempting to find out whether or not their question has already been asked, or possibly even answered. Therefore, I would like to implement some very basic rules, which I think everybody will be happy with, given that they will lead to better search results.

1. All public communication is done in English
  2. ONE question per topic
  3. Make the title descriptive
  4. If it's regarding a theme: make sure you mention the theme name.
  5. Leave a URL to your site, since sometimes, custom "hacks" and CSS will be uniqe to your site.

I believe that these simple rules will not only make our lives easier, but also the lives of our visitors :D

I am of the opinion that ignoring these requests will make it harder for us all.
Plus, we won't be able to actually mark an issue/topic as solved, since it would be more difficult to determine what we're actually trying to solve! For example: Are we addressing the first, second or third question?
rbaring
Donator
Donator
Your name: Robert Baring

Password protected download folder

Postby rbaring » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 02:13

Bjarne and guys,

How's it going? Haven't been on the forum in a while. I need to set up a folder with a private link for downloads that's password protected. I don't need the folder to be visible in the top/bottom navigation. I've installed the password protect plugin. I've created a folder and it originally accepted the password, but now it doesn't. A sample image I put in that folder now has a link which doesn't correspond to the folder path. Koken keeps creating a image link not associated with the folder link for some reason.

Thanks for the help,

RB
faustvasea97
User
User
Your name: real world

Re: Password protected download folder

Postby faustvasea97 » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 13:06

I got same issue, I've told them but they said that there is not issue. You easily can access a folder from a protected sets through link on top navigation system. Getting a bit dissapointed on koken, it's takes so much time to get an answer...
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör
Your name: Bjarne Varöystrand

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 23:45

Hi there guys
Can you provide me with a link to a faulty protected album?

I have been running the plugin since the early beta without any problems....
Regards
Bjarne Varöystrand - Image || Reddit || Twitter|| Facebook

rbaring
Donator
Donator
Your name: Robert Baring

Postby rbaring » Mon 26 Mar 2018, 07:22

Bjarne,

Sorry, found a workaround for that particular problem (just sent the image directly) so haven't addressed the problem since. I'll eventually have to fix it, so give me a while and I'll return to this problem.

RB
faustvasea97
User
User
Your name: real world

Postby faustvasea97 » Sat 07 Apr 2018, 14:21

It happen to me couple of days ago with this plugin, every thing was just mess arround. Wrong pictures and albums been in other albums and sets. Lucky, I have back up options on my hosting, otherwise I don't know what I could do. I was trying to move them manually, but become more worst.
raydoo
User
User
Your name: Raimund

Postby raydoo » Tue 15 May 2018, 21:00

I just recently made a password protected gallery where the visitors can download the pictures or the whole album. You need to check that the global options under --Settings/Importing - Maximum image download are set to your desired size and/or the Images in the Library have also a Download Option under Site.