Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

Facebook Comments Plugin

Release and discuss your custom plugins here
Martin
Developer
Developer
Your name: Martin Herbst

Facebook Comments Plugin

Postby Martin » Sun 23 Aug 2015, 16:33

Name: mherbst-fbcomments
Description: Plugin to use Facebook comments instead of Disqus
Creator: Martin Herbst (https://www.brisoft.de/en/about-me/)
Source code: https://github.com/MHerbst/mherbst-fbcomment
Downloads: https://www.brisoft.de/en/add-facebook- ... en-website

Note: This is the first version of the plugin. If was only able to perform some simple tests. If you encounter any errors please post the as issued on Github or as comments on my website.
edwin66
Donator
Donator

Re: Facebook Comments Plugin

Postby edwin66 » Sun 23 Aug 2015, 19:33

Thanks. Trying out in a moment
edwin66
Donator
Donator

Postby edwin66 » Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:44

So far it works like a charm.
rossofmoffat
Your name: Ross

Postby rossofmoffat » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 14:18

Hello. I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to get either or both of the FB and Disqus plugins to do their stuff on my site www.rossofmoffat.com but I'm not having any joy. I've scoured the web looking for answers but drawn a blank. I'm guessing there's something within my theme (ensemble) settings that's preventing the plugins showing but I've followed instructions to the letter and they're not showing on Windows/Chrome, iOS/Safari, or Android explorer.

The plugins are shown as active within my koken site settings console.

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

Cheers

Ross
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör
Your name: Bjarne Varöystrand

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 15:15

rossofmoffat wrote:Source of the post Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

Looked at your site quickly and the plugins is showing; see:
Skärmklipp.PNG
Skärmklipp.PNG (36.01 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

And judging from the settings panel the comments section is available in these templates:
  • content.lens
  • essay.lens
(The above screen is from one of your essays) :ugeek:

If you still cant see the comments section, make sure that you dont have any content/ad-blocker running; if you do whitelist your own domain. 8-)
Regards
Bjarne Varöystrand - Image || Reddit || Twitter|| Facebook

faustvasea97
User
User
Your name: real world

Postby faustvasea97 » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 17:55

Is there possible to remover the plugin from specific page?example I'd like to remove from content page.
rossofmoffat

Postby rossofmoffat » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 17:59

Hi Bjarne. Thanks for looking, and also confirming that my installation appears to be correctly set-up from your perspective. I really must think laterally now ... I have cleared all caches, I have no advert or content blocking set either on my Windows PC, router or at the ISP and the plugins are still unseen in both MS Edge or Google Chrome. I have rechecked my site again on two mobile devices (iPad connected via UK mobile provider 'EE' and Android connected via UK mobile provider '3') and neither shows the plugins so that suggests it's unlikely to be a UK ISP specific problem.

Is it just possible that there is a UK nationalisation setting preventing their presentation in the UK care of something at GoDaddy (my hosting provider) ?
Anyway, it's no big problem. A working FB plugin in particular would be very nice to have but not if I'm unable to see it. If I can't figure it out, I will disable them both.
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 18:05

rossofmoffat wrote:Source of the post Hi Bjarne. Thanks for looking, and also confirming that my installation appears to be correctly set-up from your perspective. I really must think laterally now ... I have cleared all caches, I have no advert or content blocking set either on my Windows PC, router or at the ISP and the plugins are still unseen in both MS Edge or Google Chrome. I have rechecked my site again on two mobile devices (iPad connected via UK mobile provider 'EE' and Android connected via UK mobile provider '3') and neither shows the plugins so that suggests it's unlikely to be a UK ISP specific problem.

Is it just possible that there is a UK nationalisation setting preventing their presentation in the UK care of something at GoDaddy (my hosting provider) ?
Anyway, it's no big problem. A working FB plugin in particular would be very nice to have but not if I'm unable to see it. If I can't figure it out, I will disable them both.

My provider is same from UK, and my plugin works fine.
rossofmoffat

Postby rossofmoffat » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 18:26

D'oh ... it turns out that it's a script load-time lag thing. I am metaphorically (and almost literally) on the end of a piece of wet string connection to my ISP and our nearest mobile phone transmitters are some miles away so the mobile devices have very little chance. Anyway, it turns out that I simply wasn't patient enough and after a few minutes both were visible on the desktop page.
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Wed 11 Oct 2017, 18:35

rossofmoffat wrote:Source of the post D'oh ... it turns out that it's a script load-time lag thing. I am metaphorically (and almost literally) on the end of a piece of wet string connection to my ISP and our nearest mobile phone transmitters are some miles away so the mobile devices have very little chance. Anyway, it turns out that I simply wasn't patient enough and after a few minutes both were visible on the desktop page.

You have to contact your provider,