Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

OxyGen v3 announcement

KCS a.k.a Koken Community Support!
Keep up with what is happening around KCS by looking through this forum when you drop in...
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör
Your name: Bjarne Varöystrand

OxyGen v3 announcement

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Wed 30 Mar 2016, 18:37

loud.jpg
As you might know, we have been hard at work putting together OxyGen v3. And now, after almost 6 months, I'm happy to say that it is as good as ready! :ugeek:

I won't go through what has changed between the "old OxyGen v2.x.x" and v3 since that list would be very, very long... ;)
So I'll settle with saying that we more or less rewrote the whole theme: From the ground up!

If you're interested, we have keept a very good eye on all changes: and have documented them over at the OxyGen Docs. But be warned... It's a long list :) . Altogether, we identified over 150 bugs/fixes, and committed over 1,000 commits to finalize what we feel is the most stable, beautiful, and most powerful Koken theme "out there".

A big thank you goes out to our beta testing team, who helped us out in the beginning of this rebuilding phase: Your patience and input has been invaluable! :D

One of the biggest practical changes from the current available version is that v3 will require a valid license, and will not be free!
You might ask why we have chosen to "get greedy" and demand you to pay for this beautiful and powerful theme? Well, simply because of the time and effort that we have spent to deliver it to you!
preview.jpg

But before you go and get the tar and feathers!
The current v2.x.x will continue to be available for free and maintained as before. However, We will not be adding any new features to speak of, but will try to keep it up-to-date, and "running" as it is right now.
In other words, we are not abandoning the "good old v2" in any way :)

Time limited offer
For a limited time we have decided that members of KCS will be able to purchase OxyGen 3 for a reduced price: $40 (+ $5 that Paypal takes for handling the payments) this means that you not only will get one of the best themes available, but also the least expensive "out there"! :D

To take advantage of this time limited offer, head over to: our documentation page fill in what domain you will be using OxyGen on and click the "purchase button" and you will be taken to a secure PayPal page where you have to either login with your PayPal account, or use your credit card to complete the order.
Please be advised that we require up to 24 hours to handle orders. But when that is done, you will receive an email to the same address used for placing the order, with your license key and a download link for the actual theme.

With this order, you will also be entitled to our "Premium support" via the support ticket system as well as "hands on" help if needed to get you up and running during the first 7 days after receiving the theme and license.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bjarne Varöystrand on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Bjarne Varöystrand - Image || Reddit || Twitter|| Facebook

signore rossi
Donator
Donator

Re: OxyGen v3 announcement

Postby signore rossi » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 19:09

Hey, what about the people who helped translating? ;)
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Fri 01 Apr 2016, 00:14

signore rossi wrote:Hey, what about the people who helped translating? ;)

Your absolutely not forgotten!...
https://github.com/Koken-Community-Support/OxyGen3

As well as I kept "count" on merges and fixes: I have also keept close tabs on "the rest" to ;)
As you can see from the README that follows every copy :ugeek: :D
Regards

diveman
Your name: Frank

Postby diveman » Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:29

Hi,

is it possible to run v3 in a second Domain (perhaps a subdomain) for testing an evaluating before take the next version Online on the main domain with one License?

I'm running my main Domain with V2 now. Before i take an Plugin or new Theme or Koken Version online at my main site, i test it before on an internal subdomain.

An a second Question: I i want change my main Domain in the future (change Domain Name)... Is it a problem to change the licensed Domain?

Thanks for your answers :-)

Regards

Frank Schaffert
http://www.frank-schaffert-fotografie.de
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Sat 02 Apr 2016, 12:40

diveman wrote:Hi,

is it possible to run v3 in a second Domain (perhaps a subdomain) for testing an evaluating before take the next version Online on the main domain with one License?

I'm running my main Domain with V2 now. Before i take an Plugin or new Theme or Koken Version online at my main site, i test it before on an internal subdomain.

An a second Question: I i want change my main Domain in the future (change Domain Name)... Is it a problem to change the licensed Domain?

Thanks for your answers :-)

Regards

Frank Schaffert
http://www.frank-schaffert-fotografie.de
Ofcourse Frank, we will set something up for you...

However...
Any test version is not anything we can provide you with, since we have the "old v2" that is more or less as a test version... ;) :D

Changing domain in the future is no problem... :ugeek:
It's one mail/support ticket and that will be solved.
Regards

diveman

Postby diveman » Thu 07 Apr 2016, 19:54

Hi there,

thanks for your answer. I decide to buy the Theme an register.. Everything runs fine .. but: I downloaded the Version 3.0.1 (3.0.0 also). but i am not able to unzi the archive .. Archive size of 3.0.01 ist 1412MB (3.0.0 - 1414MB)

My Archiver (7zip) says ..Archive is invalid.

Iw rote ist here because Ticket system seems to be not running.

Regards

Frank
frank-schaffert-fotografie.de
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Thu 07 Apr 2016, 20:03

diveman wrote:Hi there,

thanks for your answer. I decide to buy the Theme an register.. Everything runs fine .. but: I downloaded the Version 3.0.1 (3.0.0 also). but i am not able to unzi the archive .. Archive size of 3.0.01 ist 1412MB (3.0.0 - 1414MB)

My Archiver (7zip) says ..Archive is invalid.

Iw rote ist here because Ticket system seems to be not running.

Regards

Frank
frank-schaffert-fotografie.de

There seams like 7zip is having problem in some cases unzipping archives made with WinRAR
Try download WinRAR/RAR for your OS and unpack the archive.

How do you mean that the ticket system is not working? (looking at the que as of writing)
Could it maybe be that there are a small delay before the system registers your reply?
Regards

diveman

Postby diveman » Thu 07 Apr 2016, 20:34

Hi,

o.k. .. winrar does it :-) but ... so i have to install every Time winrar (14 days tryout) if i want to unpack a new release of oxygen? That#s sound not so goot for me ... I also tried peazip .. no way :-( Perhaps you know a free unpacker for winrar zip files for the future?

I found the problem with the Ticket system: i used the link from the registration mail. the link will be incorrect: .../tickets/tickets/ if delete one "ticket" in the link it will work :-)

Regards

Frank
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Thu 07 Apr 2016, 20:38

WinRar is shareware: and after 14 days, it will "nag you" about paying, but you will still be able to use it by clicking "later" (I have used the same WinRAR for several years now...

(Maybe I should pay the small shareware fee anyway!)

I'll look in to the faulty link ASAP!
(You could have just responded to the ticket to... ;) )
Regards

evert
User
User
Your name: Evert Meulie

Postby evert » Mon 11 Apr 2016, 11:24

Hi,

Will OxyGen3 be 'locked' to the domain name I enter when purchasing? I haven't 100% decided yet on the definite name for my site, and if the OxyGen3 gets locked/coded to the domain I'll wait with purchasing until I have my final domain :)
--
Greetings,
Evert
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Mon 11 Apr 2016, 11:33

The license is for that domain, but transferring to a new domain is not any problem: it's one mail away... ;) :D
Regards