Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

Koken totally is dead?

This is the place to hang out, and just chit chat a bit
faustvasea97
User
User
Your name: real world

Koken totally is dead?

Postby faustvasea97 » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 08:10

Hey. Is that koken totally is dead? As I haven't seen any activity for 6 months now.

:cry: :oops:
wuergezwerg
Developer
Developer
Your name: Uwe Klemmer

Re: Koken totally is dead?

Postby wuergezwerg » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 21:44

Hi there,
I really hope it will come back alive. But in the meantime even the download link for the Lightroom Plugin died. It would be nice if there was any lifesign of the programmers.
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 18:14

wuergezwerg wrote:Source of the post Hi there,
I really hope it will come back alive. But in the meantime even the download link for the Lightroom Plugin died. It would be nice if there was any lifesign of the programmers.

It will be nice, yeah. As I invested some money in premium plugins and I can't afford to pay for an other cms.

I would love to continue using koken, as is lovely platform.

Hope Bjarne will be back soon. Already half year gone since there's no sign of life here.
Kulturmensch
Donator
Donator
Your name: Dr Jürgen Tenckhoff

Postby Kulturmensch » Tue 02 Jul 2019, 12:45

I just installed koken again but I do not get access to my store account and the support does not answer my E-Mails. It is bad as I paid for some of the Plugins. Is there any possibility to get at least the free Plugins? Could anybody provide a download-link for the "E-Mail Endpoints Plugin"?
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Tue 02 Jul 2019, 13:50

I think you need to login through you koken cms, to download plugins.
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Tue 02 Jul 2019, 22:12

Kulturmensch wrote:I just installed koken again but I do not get access to my store account and the support does not answer my E-Mails. It is bad as I paid for some of the Plugins. Is there any possibility to get at least the free Plugins? Could anybody provide a download-link for the "E-Mail Endpoints Plugin"?

That's weird, I tried to login from koken cms, and I can't, saying to contact support. Probably that the sign that koken is dying soon. Looking now to go for WordPress premium theme.

I've checked a bit about koken, and looks like their domain koken.me expires in couple of months, so I think that the end.

If you want some plugins, try to get them from your FTP server.
Kulturmensch
Donator
Donator
Your name: Dr Jürgen Tenckhoff

Postby Kulturmensch » Wed 03 Jul 2019, 18:35

Thank you, do you have the details to get connected to the FTP-Server (ftp.koken.me requires user/password and my account name/password does not work)? I am especially interested in the "Image Watermarks-Plugin" which I bought 2 years ago and would like to use again in my new installation.
Carsten
User
User
Your name: Carsten

Postby Carsten » Wed 03 Jul 2019, 20:19

Hi Folks!
Yes, Koken is dead but that's no news, unfortunately. It already started with the purchase of the CMS by Netobjects, since that nothing happens anymore.
Kulturmensch wrote:Source of the post I just installed koken again but I do not get access to my store account and the support does not answer my E-Mails
Reading this I've at once opened Koken and tried to access my account and it works. Even if Netobjects is on deep dive, I can't imagine that I'm the last lucky one to enter his account. I guess your problem might have any other cause. On sign in to your account click "Forget your password?" and try to let it mail you a new one. I can imagine that this helps because it is an automatism and no human intervention.
I can't help regarding the plugins but have a question in the official Koken Helpcenter, someone else there might be of help. Unfortunately there is an obstacle before, all contributions are moderated and must be released first and unpleasant questions from me were simply blocked (not released).

Good Luck
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Wed 03 Jul 2019, 21:01

Kulturmensch wrote:Source of the post Thank you, do you have the details to get connected to the FTP-Server (ftp.koken.me requires user/password and my account name/password does not work)? I am especially interested in the "Image Watermarks-Plugin" which I bought 2 years ago and would like to use again in my new installation.

my skype is faust_vasea

i do have most of koken premium and simple plugins on my ftp server, so i can try to send them over to you if you want.

Carsten wrote:Source of the post Hi Folks!
Yes, Koken is dead but that's no news, unfortunately. It already started with the purchase of the CMS by Netobjects, since that nothing happens anymore.
Kulturmensch wrote:Source of the post I just installed koken again but I do not get access to my store account and the support does not answer my E-Mails
Reading this I've at once opened Koken and tried to access my account and it works. Even if Netobjects is on deep dive, I can't imagine that I'm the last lucky one to enter his account. I guess your problem might have any other cause. On sign in to your account click "Forget your password?" and try to let it mail you a new one. I can imagine that this helps because it is an automatism and no human intervention.
I can't help regarding the plugins but have a question in the official Koken Helpcenter, someone else there might be of help. Unfortunately there is an obstacle before, all contributions are moderated and must be released first and unpleasant questions from me were simply blocked (not released).

Good Luck

that's really sad, i have no option rather to move to wordpress and buy premium theme..... sadly
MikeB
User
User
Your name: Mike

Postby MikeB » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 01:10

It's still very usable - unless you hit a problem - but yes, it seems very much dead from the support and development perspective, even if the cash tills are occasionally ringing.

Similar situation for Netobjects Fusion:
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... lared-dead
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... aubenstine
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... -2019-call
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 08:33

MikeB wrote:Source of the post It's still very usable - unless you hit a problem - but yes, it seems very much dead from the support and development perspective, even if the cash tills are occasionally ringing.

Similar situation for Netobjects Fusion:
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... lared-dead
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... aubenstine
http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread ... -2019-call

That's really sad how such of good cms is dying. Who invented koken and developed it? Why is not taking project back.

I'll continue to use koken for my personal website, but I'll swap to WordPress for business website.

That's really annoying that I had to buy most of premium plugins and there's no further updates or support.
evert
User
User
Your name: Evert Meulie

Postby evert » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 14:23

Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to Koken? 8-)
--
Greetings,
Evert
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 16:16

evert wrote:Source of the post Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to Koken? 8-)

I'm thinking about WordPress for my business portfolio but for my own portfolio I'll stay with koken, even if will die totally.

I was looking for alternatives, and couldn't found one, some of cms are requesting monthly subscription, which I'm not happy with that.

But let's hope Bjarne will be back..
MikeB
User
User

Postby MikeB » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 23:09

evert wrote:Source of the post Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to Koken? 8-)

See these: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1209&p=5033#p5033
MikeB
User
User

Postby MikeB » Fri 05 Jul 2019, 23:38

faustvasea97 wrote:[post]5331
That's really sad how such of good cms is dying. Who invented koken and developed it? Why is not taking project back.

Invented by Todd Dominey (https://twitter.com/tdominey) Brad Daily (https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradleyboy/) and Lauren Smith - http://koken.me/about/

I imagine that they're more interested in their more recent projects to take much interest (though they must, presumably be disappointed). Plus they said they weren't making much profit from it - https://medium.com/vantage/we-re-sellin ... 193c019f2f - maybe Netobjects made the only offer (otherwise, why sell to them)?

And maybe Steve Raubenstine is happy with his current cash flow / he hasn't been asked to sell / hasn't been offered enough / nobody is interested in buying it. I guess someone could ask, and maybe even set up a croundfunder to buy it - perhaps turn it open source...
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Sat 06 Jul 2019, 09:03

MikeB wrote:Source of the post
faustvasea97 wrote:[post]5331

Invented by Todd Dominey (https://twitter.com/tdominey) Brad Daily (https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradleyboy/) and Lauren Smith - http://koken.me/about/

I imagine that they're more interested in their more recent projects to take much interest (though they must, presumably be disappointed). Plus they said they weren't making much profit from it - https://medium.com/vantage/we-re-sellin ... 193c019f2f - maybe Netobjects made the only offer (otherwise, why sell to them)?

And maybe Steve Raubenstine is happy with his current cash flow / he hasn't been asked to sell / hasn't been offered enough / nobody is interested in buying it. I guess someone could ask, and maybe even set up a croundfunder to buy it - perhaps turn it open source...

Yes, I'll stick with koken as well for personal portfolio, but for business I'll need something alive with support. Which I'm thinking about wordpress and to purchase a premium theme. Koken was ideally till now .... sadly....
Carsten
User
User
Your name: Carsten

Postby Carsten » Sun 07 Jul 2019, 17:04

I will certainly try to stay with Koken for a while, despite missing features and existing bugs, but the end is in sight for me. I don't have an overview of all possible alternatives, one that specializes in photographers with comparable features is SmugMug. It is, even if a subscription model, worth a look.
faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Sun 07 Jul 2019, 18:13

Carsten wrote:I will certainly try to stay with Koken for a while, despite missing features and existing bugs, but the end is in sight for me. I don't have an overview of all possible alternatives, one that specializes in photographers with comparable features is SmugMug. It is, even if a subscription model, worth a look.

Yeah, now koken it's definitely dead. Found all premium themes and plugins on github, which made me upset as i paid for them. Anyway, i will have a look at wp premium themes, found some good ones. But still thinking, as i can't throw money away for nothing.

Subscriptions options from some cms is not a solution for me, as i hate this methods of taking money from people.
trey
Donator
Donator
Your name: trey

Postby trey » Sun 07 Jul 2019, 21:43

I wrote to them a few months ago and got this response:

faustvasea97
User
User

Postby faustvasea97 » Mon 08 Jul 2019, 08:46

trey wrote:Source of the post I wrote to them a few months ago and got this response:

Hi.

So that's mean, no more updates and new features. Looks like is dead definitely . That's really sad... :cry: