Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

Koken is Alive!

This is the place to hang out, and just chit chat a bit
ddegner
Donator
Donator
Your name: Degner

Koken is Alive!

Postby ddegner » Fri 12 Jul 2019, 16:29

NetObjects says they are happy to milk subscriptions out of Koken without investing in bugfixes and features:
viewtopic.php?f=5&p=5348#p5348

This is the worst of all possible ends to Koken. How can we encourage them to either continue working on Koken, or open source it?

There might be a guy Steve Rubenstien who is the last employee at NetObjects. Does anyone have contact info for him, or know who exactly we can petition?

Is there a way we can prove that investing in Koken's upkeep will be worthwhile? A petition, a go-fund-me, I'm open to all ideas. Or is there a way to show that open sourcing it will allow Steve to continue recouping his investment through subscriptions and theme sales?

We have all invested a lot of time getting our websites up, refreshing the content, and more. Lets invest a little time in actively keeping Koken alive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/koken/comments ... ken_alive/
faustvasea97
User
User
Your name: real world

Re: Koken is Alive!

Postby faustvasea97 » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 09:36

ddegner wrote:NetObjects says they are happy to milk subscriptions out of Koken without investing in bugfixes and features:
viewtopic.php?f=5&p=5348#p5348

This is the worst of all possible ends to Koken. How can we encourage them to either continue working on Koken, or open source it?

There might be a guy Steve Rubenstien who is the last employee at NetObjects. Does anyone have contact info for him, or know who exactly we can petition?

Is there a way we can prove that investing in Koken's upkeep will be worthwhile? A petition, a go-fund-me, I'm open to all ideas. Or is there a way to show that open sourcing it will allow Steve to continue recouping his investment through subscriptions and theme sales?

We have all invested a lot of time getting our websites up, refreshing the content, and more. Lets invest a little time in actively keeping Koken alive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/koken/comments ... ken_alive/

Hi.
Your idea looks good, but unfortunately I don't think this will change something.

I think now, is up to us if we want to stay with koken or no.

BTW, an other idea if interested. My Skype Faust_vasea