Welcome to the Koken CMS community!

Here at KCS, you will find a friendly bunch of photographers who like to share their love for the Koken CMS. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and thrive in our community!

You asked for it: Donations!
You asked for it, and it's here: The possibility to "buy me a beer (or more)"!

Seriously: By giving a small paypal donation you will help with keeping this site afloat and also give me more incentive to develop OxyGen further... ;)

// Bjarne Varöystrand and the KCS Team
Koken Development

Individual photo pages not loading from clicks in albums, categories, and content

Error messages, failures, broken content.
Forum rules
As of late, we have been seeing cases where some of you have been posting multiple types of questions within a singular type of topic...

This makes searching here a nightmare for people whom are attempting to find out whether or not their question has already been asked, or possibly even answered. Therefore, I would like to implement some very basic rules, which I think everybody will be happy with, given that they will lead to better search results.

1. All public communication is done in English
  2. ONE question per topic
  3. Make the title descriptive
  4. If it's regarding a theme: make sure you mention the theme name.
  5. Leave a URL to your site, since sometimes, custom "hacks" and CSS will be uniqe to your site.

I believe that these simple rules will not only make our lives easier, but also the lives of our visitors :D

I am of the opinion that ignoring these requests will make it harder for us all.
Plus, we won't be able to actually mark an issue/topic as solved, since it would be more difficult to determine what we're actually trying to solve! For example: Are we addressing the first, second or third question?
crispychicken
User
User
Your name: Bill

Individual photo pages not loading from clicks in albums, categories, and content

Postby crispychicken » Wed 29 Aug 2018, 23:30

I've been having this issue where I click on a photo to go to the individual photo page and nothing is there other than the theme. Just the title and the links, along with the custom CSS.

I have 3 albums. One works fine, the other 2 show all of the images in the album but when you click the image, it takes you to a blank page that still has the Elementary theme and the css I've added. I've tried a lot of things. I've deleted the cache(s) in the site settings area, I went into the file manager of my website and deleted the caches directly, and backed up, deleted, and replaced the originals, same with the entire cache folder, I even copied /storage, then deleted it and replaced it, which I didn't think would do anything at that point but I tried it anyhow.

The same thing happens on the content and categories pages. The images all show up in the grid view, but when you click the image to go to the individual image page, again it's nothing.

This was working before today and I'm not sure what I've done, if anything, to make it stop working.

If you need the URL I'll gladly share it in a DM, I just don't want to share it publicly.

Just now I switched the image processing and have it building a new image cache, but I'm not holding on to hope that it'll work. I'll know when I come back to the computer in the morning.

Adding URL to signature so it's easy to delete when/if I fix this issue
-
crispychicken
User
User

Re: Individual photo pages not loading from clicks in albums, categories, and content

Postby crispychicken » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 14:43

Just now I went to the content ('All Photos' on my site) area, clicked on a random picture, and instead of the normal themed and styled screen without a picture I've been getting, it gave me the same screen but with this message where the (lack of a) photo would have been:
This page displays imported images and videos. None were found.
-
crispychicken
User
User

Re: Individual photo pages not loading from clicks in albums, categories, and content

Postby crispychicken » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 15:20

So, something I'm noticing now that I realize it's not going to be a simple quick fix, and I actually have to put some real effort into this situation... I'll do my best to format this to give the most information I can:

Code: Select all

If I click:
| albums         |
   ↳ | "CC"       |
      ↳ any photo
         ↳ WORKS, url ends with /albums/"CC"/content/[photoname-##]

↳ | "resi"      |
      ↳ any photo
         ↳ DOES NOT WORK, url ends with /albums/"resi-[p#]"/content/236-152

↳ | "comm"      |
      ↳ any photo
         ↳ DOES NOT WORK, url ends with /albums/"comm-[p#]"/content/236-34/

______
<<<>>>

If I click:
| content (all)|
   ↳ any photo
      ↳ DOES NOT WORK, url ends with /content/236-24/

This even happens when I choose photos that happen to be in the "CC" album. None of them work.

______
<<<>>>

If I click:
| categories   |
   ↳ "Corinthian"
      ↳ any photo
         ↳ DOES NOT WORK, url ends with /categories/corinthian/content/236-157/

This is true with any photo and category I've tried.

Seems important to note that it only worked in one album, an album I've nicknamed CC for the purpose of keeping my site from being linked to my account later on down the road.
The URLs in that album all end with a directory with the original filename I gave each photo, instead of ending on a directory with "236" in the name, which seems to be in every non-working URL, which happens to be more than 85% of the photos I have hosted through this plugin.
-
crispychicken
User
User

Postby crispychicken » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 15:34

So hopefully this works because it's the only way I can see how to address this problem directly:
In the library page in admin, I'm going to go through each photo and change every URL individually. I have about 325 pictures, so wish me luck.
After that I'll reset every cache and cross my fingers. I'll report back.

[For anyone reading this in the future that has the same problem I'm having: the easiest way I can think to do this is opening Excel/some spreadsheet software, and typing (in my case) <name-of-album>-01, then click and drag until you have as many URLs as you have pictures. It'll automatically make <name-of-album>-02, <name-of-album>-03, 04, 05, 06, etc.]
-
crispychicken
User
User

Postby crispychicken » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 15:48

This is taking far too long and I can't even be sure it's saving correctly because each time I switch between photos my chances of getting the old Koken-assigned URL, the new URL I've assigned, or a URL I've assigned to another photo before the one selected are about 33% each.
-
crispychicken
User
User

Postby crispychicken » Thu 30 Aug 2018, 18:09

I did it, even with all of the general glitchiness thrown at me by the library editor, I changed the URL ("slug") for every image in my library. Now my photos work when linked to from all of my albums, but the "/content/" and "/categories/[categoryname]/" subdirectories still don't work, although they've been updated with the new slug names.

This is extremely frustrating because I don't know what to do from here.I've done everything I can think to do and I feel like I'm yelling into a vacuum, especially as it seems practically nobody uses Koken any longer. May have to find an entirely different CMS at this point.
-
Bjarne Varöystrand
Webbplatsadministratör
Webbplatsadministratör
Your name: Bjarne Varöystrand

Postby Bjarne Varöystrand » Sat 01 Sep 2018, 21:30

Please send me an URL to be able to investigate this, sounds very odd...

There should be no reason to edit the slugs, I personally have never been forced to anything like this! :cry:
Regards
Bjarne Varöystrand - Image || Reddit || Twitter|| Facebook